The GDPR ensures common data protection practise across Europe, while protecting and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights cover safeguarding and protecting personal data, the movement of data within the EU and how it is stored within the EEA. Information which already exists in the public domain is not applicable, such as data found within Companies House.
Who Are We?
One World Rental is an award-winning technical event company who provides solutions including hardware, bespoke software design and software integration, Wi-Fi installation, and technical event staffing (such as logistics, installation, and on-site technical support). We are a global company with offices in UAE, Belgium, Scotland, England, the USA, Singapore, Australia, and Canada. We provide services anywhere in the world and offer 24/7 customer service.
Any personal information that you provide to us will be controlled by One World Rental, Company Number +44(0)2078621702, which is registered at the following address: Gilbert House 406 Roding Ln S, Woodford, Woodford Green IG8 8EY
How we collect your personal information
When you visit or register on the website, make an enquiry, or place an order with One World Rental, we collect your personal information, which can include:
- Your name and email address
- Your telephone number
- Company name and (occasionally for rentals) credit information
- Credit card information (if you are placing an order)
- Information regarding your order or details relating to your support needs
- Occasionally, you may be directed to a third-party partner site which will collect information needed to fulfil an order.
- Information provided for contractual and legitimate business purposes to enable us to deliver the product or service to you.
Use of your personal information
One World Rental collects personal information to meet our responsibilities with employees, customers and partners, as well as to respond to business enquiries, for example personal details you provide so that the order can be deployed.
How we process your personal information
The ways in which we use this information are as follows:
- To enable delivery of services and products you have requested, such as hardware, software and technical staffing, as well as to communicate order updates and respond to any questions issues or complaints that may occur.
- To provide demos, quotes, invoices and consultations
- To send you company news, promotions, competitions, updates, related product or service information that you may be interested in (of which you will have the option of unsubscribing or opting out of at any time.)
- To improve your user experience and our website.
- To contact you regarding recruitment and to consider you for job roles, as well as simply maintaining compliance with regulatory, legal and corporate governance obligations as well as best employment practises.
How we handle your information
We don’t sell, transfer, exchange or give your information to another company for any reason, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of providing the services and products you’ve requested.
One World Rental in some instances uses third party suppliers (‘Processors’) for marketing and advertising, who have been given strict instruction and have agreed to process data in accordance with GDPR at all times.
Legal basis for using your information
In accordance with data protection legislation, we use personal information as defined in this policy based on one or more of the following legal bases:
- One World Rental requires your information in order to source a quotation, schedule a demo or deliver the services expressed in your rental contract.
- When One World Rental requires your information to comply with legal regulations
- When One World Rental needs to satisfy legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention, IT security etc.
How do we protect your information?
Personal information that you provide One World Rental will be held on our secure servers which are protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. Personal information transmitted from website to the server is safeguarded by the use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and encryption.
Payments information including your credit card number, expiration date, banking details and CVV2 data are never stored on our servers.
One World Rental has security safeguards and virus protection software which is used in personal data processing, in accordance with best industry practice.
By using the One World Rental website and providing us with your information, you are consenting to One World Rental and its agents processing this information under the terms of this policy in order to conduct business. You may refuse consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies: how they are used.
Cookies are information kept on your hard drive which record the way in which we you use the website, such as number of visits to website. Cookies left on previous visits will indicate such data.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies and can do so by either accepting or declining our Cookies Policy. If you decline cookies please note that you may not be able to use some of the features on our website without cookies.
Accessing your personal information and your rights
While One World Rental processes or possesses your personal data, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to request to see the personal data we have about you.
- You have, under some circumstances, the right to request that your personal data is deleted, also known as the ‘right to be forgotten’.
- You have the right to correct or complete inaccurate or incomplete personal data we hold about you.
- You have the right under certain circumstances to request that your personal data is supressed or restricted.
- You have the right to object to certain types of processing such as opting out of direct marketing.
- You have the right to not be subject to automated profiling or processing.
- You have the right to have your personal data transferred securely to another organisation.
One World Rental, in the event that you would like to exercise your rights will request identity confirmation via your driving licence, passport, recent utility bill etc. before it discloses any personal information. Then we’ll ask you to submit a Subject Access Request form and email it to: email@example.com
In the unlikely event that One World Rental would need to refuse your request under rights of access, you will be provided with an explanation which you have every right to legally challenge.
International data transfer of your information
Although One World Rental is headquartered in the United Kingdom, we may occasionally need to use international suppliers or transfer information to our other global offices in order to provide service and worldwide delivery.
When necessary, we may need to transfer information to other countries for the purposes of our contract fulfilment or to satisfy a request for a quote following a consultation. When this is applicable to transfers to countries outside of the EEA (European Economic Area), we will take measures to ensure that the proper contractual arrangements are in place to protect your data.
Third party links
Occasionally, we offer third party products on our website, such as products we rent on behalf of our corporate partners. These third-party companies have their own sites with separate, independent Privacy Policies, of which we have no control over and no liability for. We do however seek to protect our website integrity and welcome your feedback.
How long do we retain your data?
One World Rental, along with processing personal data for the duration of the contract only retains it for the purpose of fulfilling the contract and legal obligations such as requirements of the HMRC that some information be kept for a period of six years. After this time, we delete personal data that we don’t require to meet our contractual obligations to clients.
Data is primarily held in the United Kingdom and may, on occasion, also be held outside the EEA by our One World Rental offices based in our additional global offices, each of whom are in full compliance with GDPR.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how we process your personal data, you have the right to send a complaint to. We will get back to you within 30 days but in the unlikely event that we don’t, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).